Thursday, October 23, 2008

CD Reviews! / CD Review 14: Throw Me the Statue

I've decided to start putting my CD reviews on here.

I'm going to go back and post ones that I've already done on the date that I last modified them [since I'm not 100% sure when I wrote them and am too lazy to look for them all in the library and find out when I reviewed them (I wrote the dates on the CDs)].

So here's the 1st one I'm posting/14th CD I've reviewed.



Throw Me the Statue
"About to Walk EP"
Yay: 1, 2
Nay: None
Indie-Pop/Rock
RIYL: Pedro the Lion, Black Bear, Jens Lekman, Cake

Last year TMTS, at that point mainly just founder Scott Reitherman, released "Moonbeams" which includes tracks 1&2 of this EP. Afterwards, Reitherman assembled a live band to assist him on-stage. This year TMTS played at SXSW and the Sasquatch Festival, as well as opened for Cake in Seattle.

This EP is super indie-catchy and includes the music makings and engineering of Casey Foubert of Pedro the Lion.

Track 2 – one word: glockenspiel.

No comments: