Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Show 64

Just a heads up, next week is finals week but maltstream will still be on the airwaves! I'll be doing an interview with a VIP from the Nick and then Big Red will be taking over. The week after that on May 5th Big Red will be flying solo as I will be out of town on a mini-vaca (a.k.a. GET ME OUT OF COLUMBIA trip) to my family's house in the upstate.

With all of those updates out of the way, here's what I played:

*Ace Enders and a Million Different People, When I Hit the Ground, track "When I Hit the Ground; Take the Money and Run"
*Peter Bjorn & John, Living Things, "Nothing to Worry About"
Jessica Harp, "Boy Like Me"
Ida Maria, Fortress 'round My Heart, "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"
Cage the Elephant, "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"
Miss Derringer, "Black Tears"
*The Arch Cupcakes, Box of Bees, track 2 "The Human Beat Box"
*The Bird & The Bee, Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future, tracks 6&7 "Love Letter to Japan; Meteor"

At this point I let Big Red take over. When he was done I played:

Passion Pit, Chunk of Change, "Sleepyhead"
Ghostland Observatory, "Sad Sad City"
Lykke Li, "Little Bit (Loving Hand Remix)"
*The Boy Least Likely To, The Law of the Playground, track 2 "A Balloon on a Broken String"
*The Old Ceremony, Walk on Thin Air, tracks 6&7 "Stubborn Man; Same Difference"
Tao Lin, FOR HIPSTERRUNOFF, I Want to Start a Band"
Nada Surf, "I Like What You Say"
Sebastien Tellier, "L'Amour et La Violence (Boys Noize Remix)"
YACHT, "So Post All 'Em"

No comments: