Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Show 56 + Interview!

It seems that I've been doing a lot of interviews, lately. Today's was with Colin and Josh of Marry a Thief. It was a very casual, informal interview but we had fun.

I subbed for Captain Rouen and Friends today. Here's what I played during Captain Rouen's show:

Air France, "Collapsing at Your Doorstep"
Butta Verses, "If I Die'
Origami Ghosts, Short Momentum, "Thai Frog"
I'm Not Jim, You Are All My People, "Howard"
*William Elliot Whitmore, Animals in the Dark, track 5 "Hell or High Water"
#Modest Mouse, Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks, “So Much Beauty in Dirt; Here it Comes”
*William Elliot Whitmore, Animals in the Dark, track 5 “There's Hope For You”
#Danielle Howle, About to Burst, “All; World War Defense”
*Frida Hyvonen, Silence is Wild, tracks 4&5 "London!; My Cousin"
His Royal Shyness, Songs for Your Sister, "Katie & the Linoleum; Chekhov Was Right"
*Charles Spearin, The Happiness Project, track 4 "Vanessa "
*Hank Williams III, Damn Right, Rebel Proud, tracks 1&13 "The Grand Old Opry (Ain't So Grand); Workin Man"
Boat People, "Unsettle My Heart"
Carla Bruni, "Those Dancing Days Are Gone"
Matisyahu, Shattered, "Smash Lies"
Camphor, Drawn To Dust, "Confidences Shattered; The Sweetest Tooth"
*Murs, Murs for President, track 5 "Can it Be (Half a Million Dollars and 18 Months Later)"
*Buena Vista Social Club, Buena Vista Social Club at Carnegie Hall, tracks 6&7 "Dos Gardenias; Quizas, Quizas" (Qui sas)
*Cyne, Pretty Dark Things, track 12 "Never Forget Pluto"
James Pants, "We're Through"
Fear Nuttin Band, "Vibes"
The Boxer Rebellion, "Evacuate"
Gramercy Arms, "Looking At The Sun"


And here's what I played during my show today before Big Red took over:
*The Bad Plus, Joined by Wendy Lewis, tracks 2&3 "Comfortably Numb; Fem (Etude No. 8)"

Yes, it was short, but I wanted to let Big Red get as much of his music in as possible. :)

No comments: