Friday, April 16, 2010

Show 96

Today I covered for The Columbia Beet for 1 hour. Usually I try to play some locals, since The Beet plays live locals, but I wasn't planning on sticking around so I didn't have any local music prepared. Sorry, Columbia!

One thing that I'm NOT sorry for, is that I gave away all access passes to the Indie Grits Film Festival. Okay, I am a little sorry, because I would have loved to have taken them for myself. Oh well! :)

Here's what I played for 3 hours:

Gone Baby Gone; “Always”
The Pack A.D.; “All Damn Day Long”
Okkervil River; Golden Opportunities; “I Came Here to Say I'm Going Away (Serge Gainsbourg cover)”
Wolf People; “October Fires”
*David Olney; Dutchman’s Curve; Deadbeet Records; track 7 “Covington Girl”
*Harlan T Bobo; Suckers; Goner Records; track 2 “Hamster in a Cage”
*Ruth Moody; The Garden; Red House Records; track 1 “The Garden”
Filthy Dukes & Tommy Sparks; Nonsense In the Dark ; “Messages”
Handclaps And Harmonies; “Be With You”
Headlights; “Cherry Tulips”
Name Taken ; “Clear and Concious”
*The Tallest Man on Earth; The Wild Hunt; Team Clermont; track 6 “King of Spain”
*Dear Companion; Ben Sollee & Daniel Martin Moore; Sub Pop; “My Wealth Comes to Me”
*Kopeky Family Band; Embraces EP; “It”
Paper Route; “City Trucks”
Nurses; “Caterpillar Playground”
Hello Seahorse!; Bestia; “Bestia”
fun.; Aim and Ignite; “At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)”
*The Hush Now; Constellations; track 2 “Hoping and Waiting”
*Black Tambourine; s/t; Slumberland; track 9 “By Tomorrow”
*The Apples in Stereo; Travelers in Space and Time; Yep Roc Records; track 5 “Dance Floor”
Pinback; Summer In Abaddon; “Sender”
Does It Offend You, Yeah?; You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into; “With a Heavy Heart (I Regret to Inform You)”
Tycho; Coastal Brake – EP; “Coastal Brake”
*La Chansons; King and Queen of the Dance Floor; Stickfigure Records; “Beauty Queen”
*Woodhands; Remorsecapade; Paper Bag; “Dissembler”
*The Black Seeds; Solid Ground; Easy Star Records; track 2 “Slingshot”
*Christina B.; The Spins; track 1 “Gossip”
Sebastien Tellier; “Sexual Sportswear (Donovan remix)”
Circlesquare; Songs About Dancing and Drugs; “Dancers (Radio Edit)”
U.S.E; Loveworld; “What We Fightin' 4”
*Doc Warner; Hombre Del Rio; River Rat Records; track 1 “Cry River, Cry”
*Storyhill; Shade of the Trees; track 4 “Covered in a Mess”
Empire Of The Sun; Walking On A Dream; “Walking On A Dream”
Si*Sé; Gold – EP; “Buscaré”
Lenka; Lenka; “Anything I'm Not”
*The Kissaway Trail; Sleep Mountain; Bella Union; track 9 “New Lipstick”
*Kill to Kill; Fighter; Guilt Ridden Pop; track 7 “Sugar Sugar”

No comments: